My 12 year old son has been in a training league for baseball sponsored by The Fellowship of Christian Athletes, or FCA for short. You can learn a lot from baseball, and sports in general.
1. If you don’t get it right the first time, you can try again.
2. Life is about learning new things, so don’t be afraid to try something new.
3. There are different players and different positions, we don’t all have to do the same thing. We can be different.
4. The pitcher will throw different ways. You don’t have to swing at every pitch. And in life, you don’t have to go after every opportunity. Pick what you like best and go after that.
5. Not all games are the same. And not all lives are the same. Don’t compare your life to someone else’s.
This picture visualizes 6:
Success will come to those who work for it. It isn’t given to you.
7. You can always come home, but not necessarily to stay put.
8. Teamwork allows the team to work at it full potential. Who is on your team? Like my friend Tammy Sellars says, “Teamwork makes the dream work!” Make sure you and your team are working together.
9. Don’t check out. The game isn’t over until it’s over. There are 9 innings, don’t quit at the end of the 8th. So keep on hitting until you get that Grand slam! You can do it! Just don’t quit!